I consider myself a sponge, an idea thief and a bum, but I work hard to be who I am.
Fabrice Bernasconi Borzì is an Italian-Swiss visual artist born 30 years ago, studied at HEAD in Geneva and lived in Brussels for 2 years, and now lives, studies and works in Catania.
After Belgium, she realized that her real inspiration came from Sicily. He went from north to south for the simple reason that his culture of origin was weakening more and more. And he didn’t want it to get lost. His work defends the notion of humility, derision and contradiction, inspired by poor architecture and the philosophy of idiocy. It is often the product of a reflection on the human being and on his detachment from his own existence. His works do not have a rational following.
As a further technical inspiration, he also works as an art handler / exhibition designer / exhibition designer / technical manager for international curators, galleries and museums, most recently for the Armenian Pavilion at the 56th Venice Biennale.
His works are in private collections in Italy and Switzerland.
– METAL MADNESS – A Breath of Fresh Air, with Simone Caruso, curated by White Garage, Palazzo La Rocca, Ragusa Ibla, Italy
– COSA SOLO NOSTRA / PSYCHO, various places in Geneva, Switzerland
– PRELUDIO – Les Nouveaux Résidents, with Luca Veuillet, La Galerie, Geneva, Switzerland ¬ Unboxed, Kunstbox – Contenitore d’arte, somewhere in Geneva, Switzerland
– è quello che sognavo da bambino, Burger & Jacobi, itinerant art space
– TBA, Curated by Las Palmas Project, Lisbon, Portugal
– SWAB Art Fair, booth S7 – White Garage, Barcelona, Spain
– National Art Price, Accademia Albertina, Turin, Italy
– Border Crossing ha incrociato Geografico, curated by Pietro Fortuna, various places, Palermo, Italy
– AD IN VISIBILIA, Fondazione Brodbeck, Catania, Italy
– Contemporaneo, curated by Low Cost Gallery, WhiteGarage Gallery, Catania, Italia
– Garden of the forking paths, curated by MASS Alexandria, MANIFESTA12Palermo, 5x5x5 colla- teral event, Palermo, Italy
– La ruche et la valise, curated by Noah Stolz, Villa Bernasconi, Geneva, Switzerland ¬ 900 secondes – Science-Fiction Institutionnelle, Frac Poitou-Charentes, France
– Fermez les portes en sortant, LIVE IN YOUR HEAD, Geneva, Switzerland ¬ MUESUM, Institut et Musée Voltaire, Geneva, Switzerland
– CAPTATIO BENEVOLENTIAE , Topic independent art space, Geneva, Switzerland
– BIVOUAC, VVV et 37° 05’N / 2°30’W, Villa du Parc, Annemasse, France
– OOPS – Convoi Exceptionnel, Endla 15, Tallinn, Estonia
– OOPS – Convoi Exceptionnel, Duplex, Geneva, Switzerland
– OOPS – Convoi Exceptionnel, Tehtaankatu 27-29, Helsinki, Finland
– LU’X, collective show & music festival, Bain des Paquis, Geneva, Switzerland
– LE VETEMENT, DE LA POCHE A L’IMMOBILIER, HEAD, Geneva, Switzerland ¬ TACTICTALKS, Strahler Raum für Fotographie, Berlin, Germany
– Private collection London, England
– Private collection Catania, Italy
– Private collection Geneva, Swizerland
2018 / 2020
– Master degree in visual art, ABACT, Catania, Italy
2013 / 2016
– Bachelor degree in visual art, HEAD, Geneva, Swizerland.
Video by Francesca Grasso
“è questo che sognavo da bambino?”, 2019 graphic stamp on 120gr paper wall : 90 x 300 cm graphic : 95 x 125 cm;
SWAB 2019 – Hommage to Pietro Manzoni
Abandoned poverty, 2017
Hymn to Fischli & Weiss, 2019
I plan to be forgotten when I’m gone, 2014 (10 copies, variable sizes)
View this post on Instagram
(IT) Fabrice Bernasconi Borzì opera sul confine sottile dell’equilibrio degli opposti. Il video in cui piega e batte le lamiere ha il carattere di metafora della violenza quotidiana e allo stesso tempo mostra un’azione artistica. Le tendenze distruttiva e creativa si bilanciano tra loro, come nell’equilibrio dei “moderni” oggetti di design Kartell su cui poggia l’ “antico” televisore a tubo catodico (oggetti Kartell courtesy Rizzotti Design). (EN) Fabrice Bernasconi Borzì works on the thin border of the balance of opposites. The video in which he folds and beats the metal sheets has the character of a metaphor for daily violence and at the same time shows an artistic action. The destructive and creative tendencies balance each other, as in the balance of the "modern" Kartell design objects on which rests the "ancient" cathode ray tube television set (Kartell courtesy Rizzotti Design objects). #accademiadibelleartidicatania #art #artcurator #artgallery #artobject #artoftheday #climagallery @clima_gallery #contemporaryart #contemporaryartcollectors @contemporaryartcollectors @vera_bertran #contemporaryartist #desarthegallery @desarthegallery #exhibition #fineart #gol #inspiration @jerrysaltz #metalmadness @p420gallery #whitegaragegallery #artsy #artmuseum #sicilia #jerrysaltz #art #artist #contemporaryart
Richiedi informazioni sull'opera Fabrice Bernasconi Borzì